Will Smith & Chris Rock Saga Continues

 

Will Smith Accepting Oscar Award,After smacking Chris Rock

Have you all been waiting on me to comment on this Will Smith, Chris Rock debacle? Well, I have purposely waited in an effort to see if I would change my mind on the situation and... I haven't. 

So for those that were Fortunate enough to miss the slap that sent waves through the world, basically, Comedian, Chris Rock, was doing his job making light jokes about many of the audience members, mainly celebrities, that attended the dressed to impress event. 

During his performance, he told Jada he could not wait to see her in G.I. Jane 2. Funny right? Even Will Smith himself gave somewhat of a light chuckle upon hearing the clever but yet lame joke that Chris Rock made in an effort to keep the crowd's attention. Well we are hearing once Will saw that his love was not amused, he went upon stage like the West Philadelphia kid we know and smacked the Good God out of Chris Rock. Even he himself was stunned. 


Initially I was amused like "what"?! Because you know I saw it online. Definitely did Not tune in to the Oscars. You would think I would right? Yeah, No. But I clearly missed alot. Watching the playback online let me see that we are all human and can snap at any given time. Which further led me to realize I am no longer mad at myself for going off on Facebook last week. Hey at least I didn't pull a Will and Slap anybody. Trust me, I was feeling Will-Ish. 

At any rate, Will later apologized to everybody but Chris on stage. But, when he got home and realized his money could end up short, that apology directly to Chris came shortly after.

Update:  Now it gets even messier. Will Smith has resigned from the Oscars. Man, just like I said.. money can be affected.

 Now who Don't care about None of That is Tony Rock, Chris Rock little brother. He has been on twitter saying they are waiting on Will to address their family directly., 

This entire incident has again split the U.S. in half. But I believe DL Hughley summed it up when saying, to determine Right or Wrong, just ask yourself, is what I did against the law (or something along those lines but yall get it). 

I havent heard much from Jada in regards to the issue, but Hollywood is definitely split. A bunch of women wanting their man to pimp slap someone who says bad things about them, before considering that they will then lose their man for a period of time if whoever they slapped file them nice assault charges on them. Some are saying that her Self Esteem was low, unfortunately I keep hearing Katt Williams reminding us all, that is the Esteem of One's Self. 

Love you guys who read & share. I write this tea for you! 

Until Next Time, Stay Top Notch! 


Follow My Social Media: 
Twitter: @Philiciasong
Instagram: @topnotchdiva_phi
Facebook: Philicia Jones
www.topnotchnews.com 

Comments